30 Questions to Ask Mr. OR Ms. Right
In today’s dating world, we find ourselves sifting through a variety of people with the goal of finding the person who we can’t live without and vice versa. When searching for a life partner, it’s important that you ask yourself these questions first. Then as you screen and move through the selection process these questions will guide you in making a wise choice based on a real friendship:
- What does it mean to you to be a good friend? How important is it for your spouse to be your best friend?
- What does love mean to you?
- What’s are the top five items on your bucket list?
- Is it important to have a balance between giving and taking in the marriage?
- How important is it for you to be able to express your true feelings to one another?
- When is it okay to tell each other when you feel angry, sad, or afraid?
- How important is it to you to feel affirmed? Supported? Valued? Accepted? Challenged within the relationship?
- How important is it to share honestly and openly? Where does truthfulness rank in your relationship? Is it okay to disagree?
- Is it okay to feel jealous or resentful if one of you becomes close with other people? Is it okay to express those feelings? What guidelines will be used for resolution?
- What does quality time mean to you? How much quality time do you need to be happy in the marriage?
- What is the greatest gift you’ve ever received? And what is the best gift you have to give?
- When are electronic devices prohibited and how much Social Media sharing about you and your relationship is O.K.?
- How important is trust and privacy? What happens if your trust is betrayed?
- What’s the role of emotional intimacy? How much sharing is enough? How much is too much?
- What does monogamy mean to you? Commitment? Fidelity?
- What role does adventure play in the relationship? Spontaneity? Surprises?
- What interests or activities do you wish to share with your spouse?
- How important is it for you to be able to rely on your partner?
- How important is affection and non-sexual touch i.e., cuddling, kissing, holding hands, hugs, back rubs?
- How important is romance? What are expressions of love and romance for you?
- If one of you acquires a more money or status than the other, how would that affect your relationship? Marriage?
- How important is it to agree about spiritual matters and religion? What spiritual practices do you wish to share with your spouse?
- How important is it for you to agree about politics?
- How important is it for you to have the same philosophy of family life or parenting?
- How many children would you like? What values do you want to instill in them?
- What hopes and dreams would you like your spouse to fulfill for you?
- What life goals would you like your spouse to support you in?
- How important is it to agree on the same philosophy of money management? Lifestyle?
- How important is sexual intimacy? How often do you wish to engage sexually in order to be happy?
- How important is it to forge intellectual, spiritual and emotional connections before engaging sexually? Do you wish to wait for a commitment or marriage?
From Love Trauma To Fearless Love: 7 Tango Steps for Breaking Free From Narcissists and Predators
Download the Free Excerpt: Lovetrauma.com.