5 Tips To Stay On Track With Your Goals
Welcoming a New Year and a new beginning is exciting. But as creatures of habit, change and transition can also be quite stressful!
As a natural transition after the successful launch of From Love Trauma To Fearless Love, is to rebrand as a Love Recovery Expert. I am working with a new crew to implement changes to my website and to support the administration aspect of my practice. The corporate color is changing from purple to red. Red is the color of love and passion. And it also signifies power, courage, success and happiness.
One of my intentions for 2019 is to be a dynamic, inspirational and motivational speaker, whether on stage or in front of a camera. Just as a rehab project at home stirs up weeks of dust, debris and chaos, so does a makeover in our own lives. While the rehab crew tears down walls and build new doorways, transformation, whether in our relationship or personal or professional lives, stirs up a dust cloud of worry. We know where we want to go or what we want to become but the steps are unsettling, making us feel insecure.
To help you reach your goals as you evolve, keep these five tips in mind:
- Be kind to yourself. Let yourself off the hook and forgive yourself for not having it all together. Life is a journey of awakenings.
- Self-love starts with self-respect. There is no such thing as love without respect. That means know your needs and have boundaries. Know how much rest your body needs to feel refreshed and happy and honor it.
- Never allow anyone to compromise your authenticity or your integrity. Learn to say no and be ok with it. No, I will not lie to others for you even if you’re spinning it as a favor to me. No, I will not pretend this doesn’t hurt. No, this is not the relationship I want.
- When you are most anxious, stressed, or down on yourself, pause and redirect. Engage in an activity that will connect you with either, beauty or fun. Learn to disconnect from what is distressful to replenish and renew. It will help you gain a new perspective.
- Appreciate your accomplishments, ingenuity and the courage that got you this far. Those same attributes will help you to achieve your next goals.