4 Tips for Divorcing Couples
Going through a divorce is no easy feat. The following are tips to assist you:
- Has she or he been number one in my life or has my attention been elsewhere?
- Have I been responsive to his or her needs or have I taken them for granted?
- Have I been accessible and present in my marriage?
- Take responsibility for your half of the dysfunctions no matter what position your spouse takes.
Consider All Your Options
- Many marriages can be restored through marriage counseling or relationship coaching.
- Find a marriage counselor or relationship coach who is committed to coming alongside you to help you repair the marriage.
- A good marriage counselor or relationship coach isn’t one that will tell you what to do, but rather, is trained to help you resolve your conflict–help you get unstuck.
- A good marriage counselor or relationship coach will train you in effective communication and conflict resolution skills as well as equip you with intimacy-building skills to help you bring back the spark.
- Being proactive is the key. If you get help early on when problems appear you’ll be in and out of therapy quicker than if you wait until one of you wants a separation or divorce.
- Marriage is the union of two hearts. Breaking apart that union is not simple or pain-free. The legal aspects of divorce are only 20% of the process. 80% of a divorce is the emotional and spiritual work needed to be completed to truly be set free from this union.
Divorce Recovery Coaching
- For individuals and couples going through, or who have gone through the daunting, and oftentimes traumatic process of dissolving their marriage, it is important to get assistance to help you stabilize and heal.
- With support, you will navigate the process in a way that will promote a quicker path to healthy living and recovery from your loss. In turn, this work will then put you on a path to true love.
Divorce care and recovery services available face to face, through phone consultation, and via video calls.
Schedule a Free 15-minute strategic consultation
Divorce Care Testimonials
I am so grateful that Jianny’s been in my life. I’ve grown and learned so much. Jianny helped me to assess the areas of my life that worked and did not work for me. I couldn’t express my feelings, and in turn, had a temper issue which claimed my marriage. She’s worked with me to teach me how to recognize what I’m really feeling and express myself honestly.
I’ve sat in sessions with her, when I was just so angry, frustrated and lost. We identified what was causing my feelings, realized how I could deal with these issues and move on, without an angry explosion. As time has gone on, I’ve been able to realize when these [triggering] situations arise, and deal with them before they bother me for days on end.
Working with Jianny has truly been a blessing for me. I would recommend working with her to anyone I know. I’ve truly learned to love my neighbor as well as myself and am confident in my ability to love.
Working with Jianny has been refreshing and helps me see things more clearly. Also, I am making many improvements working and learning through my hardships in resolving conflicts and core issues. I am very encouraged with the tools and the direction this counseling has helped me reach my heart’s desire. I cannot get that out of my head. These sessions have been very revealing to me, also without this counseling and my progress, I would not have been able to move on. I look forward to working with you on the next stages. Thanks, you are a blessing.
My husband and I started therapy with Jianny to help us cope with several life changing events that had occurred in recent years. Not only did she provide us with the tools and resources to successfully navigate those events but she got to the root of the issues that were creating our roadblocks. We set goals together as a family and individually. Before I knew it those goals were being accomplished and healing and confidence was building. I can’t express my gratitude enough to be in such a better place. I’m using those experiences to be a better person, wife, mother and friend. I had let go of so much baggage I literally have more energy, more love and more tolerance to give to myself and to my loved ones. It’s truly piece of mind to know where ever I’m living and in whatever state of mind I’m in that Jianny is only a phone call away. I can tap into her expertise wherever I am in life’s journey. For the first time in my life I LOVE the person I am today.